Here in New England, the first leaves are beginning to fall. The trees are starting to glow with the fiery hues of autumn. The air is still warm, yet it’s crisp. Welcome to apple season! The farm stands are filled with bins of so many delicious varieties of apples. The pick-your-own orchards are ready for the weekend crowds. Whether you pick them or just pick them up at the farm stand, everything is coming up apples! This week seems like the the perfect time to share Crystal’s Honey Apple Crisp Recipe with you! We know how busy you are and we try to give you recipes that you can prepare QUICKLY! This one is ready to serve in under an hour.
Preparation time: 30 min
Total time: 55 min
Crystal’s Honey Apple Crisp
• 8 medium peeled, cored, sliced apples
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons water
• 1/2 cup Crystal’s All Natural Raw Honey™
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup rolled oats
• 4 tablespoons butter
Your Favorite Topping
May we suggest whole bean vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream?
How to prepare:
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
• Lay the apple slices into the baking dish evenly. Combine the lemon juice and water, and pour over the apples. Drizzle apples with Crystal’s Raw Honey, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
• In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar, flour, oats, and butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the apples.
• Bake 25 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is lightly browned and crispy.
Stop in at www.crystalsrawhoney.com online store now and order your honey for this upcoming season! You don’t want to be without! Next week, we will feature another delicious fall recipe from Crystal’s kitchen!