The little ones are getting excited for Halloween this week! Lets face it, with all of the festivities, the last thing that they need is another sweet treat to eat. This Halloween activity is a perfect way for them to celebrate without ingesting any more candy (although, it is technically edible if a curious creator should try to sneak a bite)! It is perfect for the season with the incredible scent of cinnamon and spices! Try adding green pipe cleaner pieces to make pumpkins. Get out the googly eyes and glitter. What a great way to spend a chilly, fall afternoon creating your very own pumpkin patch! Maybe they can make a pumpkin family? The possibilities and the fun are endless… and the quality time is priceless!
Crystal’s Pumpkin Play Dough Recipe
Preparation time: 20 min
Total time: Endless Quality Time with the Kids!
• 1 cup canned pumpkin (a little more than 1/2 of a standard 15 oz. can)
• 2 ounces of Crystal’s All Natural Raw Honey™
• 2 cups flour
• 2 cups powdered milk
• 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or make your own cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice & cloves)
• Food Coloring (red & yellow)
How to prepare:
• Mix pumpkin and Crystal’s All Natural Raw Honey™ in the bowl until smoothly combined.
• Add flour, powdered milk, and pumpkin pie spices to the bowl. Stir until the dry ingredients are moistened.
• Knead the dough until the texture is smooth like bread dough. If the dough is too moist, add small amounts of flour until you get the right consistency.
• Add 4 drops of red food coloring and 2 drops of yellow food coloring to the dough. Knead the dough again until the colors are mixed in!
When you are done creating, this dough will keep for next time in a sealed plastic container!
To purchase Crystal’s Varietal Honey, visit www.crystalsrawhoney.com.