Preparation Time: 1H10M
Muffins are the favorite of both the kids and the adults!
The combination of carrots, dates, raisins, walnut & spices makes this Raw Carrot Cake muffins a tasty morning treat. These “Muffins” tastes exactly like the baked muffins.
- Grated carrots (1 pound) – four cups
- Chopped pitted Medjool dates – two cups
- Walnuts – two cups
- Ground cinnamon – two teaspoons
- Ginger – one teaspoon
- Nutmeg – one fourth teaspoon
- Salt – half teaspopon
- Raw honey – two teaspoons
- Raisins – one and half cup
How To prepare:
- Line a baking sheet with the nice quality paper towels. Spread grated carrots all over the sheet diagonally and wrap it with another paper towels layer.
- Cover it with 2nd baking sheet and stand out for 20 minutes until the liquid has been pressed out of the carrots.
- In the food processor mix dates and walnuts. Beat the mixture for about 1 min and 10 seconds until they broke down into a uniform paste.
- Crumbling down the paste form corners to set up and add nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon & salt.
- Take out the carrots from the baking sheet and squeeze out the excess water. Now, add them to the food processor along with raw honey.
- Include raisins in the mixture of raw honey and carrot; beat the mixture until it becomes a textured paste.
- Scoop out the mixture from food processor and split it in 12 muffin tins. Refrigerate it for at least one hour.
- Remove muffins from tin and serve chilled.