Preparation Time: 6H
Cook Time: 20M
Total Time: 6H20M
Now, you can substitute the readymade ice-cream with this delicious and homemade Raw Honey – Walnut Ice Cream.
- One cup full of Demerara Sugar
- About 16 ounces Guinness
- Heavy cream – 2 cups
- Crystal’s all natural raw honey
- Fifteen large egg yolks
- Whole milk – 1 3/4th cup
- Crushed walnut
How To Prepare:
- In a large sized pan, mix the Guinness beer with milk and cream. Simmer the mixture for five minutes over medium speed.
- Take a large bowl and whisk the egg yolks along with sugar.
- Whisk the mixture until it becomes pale yellow.
- Add the warm Guinness beer mixture to the yolk mixture. Beat it to make a perfect blend.
- Transfer the mixture into the pan and cook it at a medium heat. Stir the mixture continually until it coats the back side of the stirring spoon. This entire process will take about 7 minutes. Remember not to boil the mixture.
- Shift the custard into a bowl set inside a larger bowl filled with ice cold water. Stir out the custard infrequently and let it sit for about 35 minutes, until it is cold.
- Transfer the cold custard inside an ice cream maker and freeze it as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Pack the ice-cream inside an air tight box and freeze for about four and half hours.
- Before serving the ice cream heat the desired amount of raw honey and walnut mix at medium speed.
- Spread a small amount of warm honey over the ice cream and enjoy the ice-cream.